Wednesday, July 16, 2008

BS Book Club 7.07.08

BS Book Ladies met on Monday, July 7. We had such a good time and had a few new members join! I think my favorite part of our meetings is getting to chat with a big group of girls and hear all of their different opinions.

Chasing Harry Winston by Lauren Weisberger got mixed reviews from the group. There were a few fun and funny moments, but there were many parts that weren't very relatable or thought provoking.
What did you think of the book? Who was your favorite character? Have you been reading any other books?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Jane Green book, The Beach House, was actually a pretty good book. I had a hard time getting started, but then raced right thru it. I liked that I thought I had the story figured out, but was wrong about the ending. I am sad that writers think to be politically correct, you need to add every kind of sexual experience. I think the story could have done without the gay factor. Every story today seems to have the gay factor tied in. Even Harry Potter's writer had to come out with Dumbledore was gay. I guess that is just a sign of the times.

Momma D

kristin said...

i want to be in your book club. mine is reading to kill a mockingbird right now (i will miss the meeting) and in between i have to fill up on all my chick lit!

Dana said...

love you blog.... And i love reading.... Thanks for visiting - stop by again SOON!!